Opening your third eye means activating the area of your being that can see what cannot be seen with the physical eyes. This is the seat of your 6th sense.
Your Third Eye Chakra is also known as the 6th Chakra or Ajna Chakra in Sanskrit. The physical gland in the body that corresponds with the third eye is the pituitary gland. This gland works to regulate the cortisol levels in our bodies, which has effects on our hunger, metabolism and body composition. The pituitary gland is also referred to as the body’s ‘master gland’ because it controls the activity of most other hormone-secreting glands.
But, what happens when you open your third eye?
Understanding the Third Eye
The Third Eye Chakra is our sensory connection to the higher energies that we can’t detect. When this chakra is balanced and flowing with energy, we have heightened intuition, and we can gain clarity and a deeper understanding of life.
Your extra-sensory skills can be developed to their full potential. This doesn’t need to be involved but if you wish to explore a spiritual life calling. Or perhaps, you hope to start living a deeper, more meaningful life.
In either case, opening your third eye is essential.
How Does It Become Closed?
Your third eye (which isn’t actually an “eye” in the literal sense) doesn’t actually close, it just won’t function correctly, if at all. It can become dormant or barely active if we don’t make any effort to wake it up. In this case, you don’t have much to worry about, except the fact that your overall consciousness won’t go any higher than the solid, physical world.
You can also have the opposite problem of an overactive Third Eye.
Those who are doing many things to raise their spiritual vibrations and open their third eye can get to a point of “spiritual overwhelm”, when they start to feel like they’re getting too carried away with diving too deep, too quickly into the spiritual waters. This usually happens right as the individual is hitting a spiritual breakthrough, without remaining grounded through the experience.
Common physical manifestations of an overactive third eye, are sinus issues, headaches, nausea, and insomnia. A few of the more common non-physical symptoms are hallucinations, anxiety, paranoia, mental fog and being overly-judgmental.
Meditations to Open Your Third Eye Chakra
To balance your third eye, you will need to balance your lower chakras, as well. Your third eye is likely malfunctioning because of blocked energy flow between it and any of the lower chakras. You will need to meditate on each chakra before working on opening your third eye.
Repeat this meditation every day to balance your seven main chakras:
- Take three deep breaths in through your nose, and out through your mouth. With each exhale, release all unwanted energies from your body. With each inhale, imagine breathing in healing, pure, iridescent, clear light. Visualize this healing light spreading throughout your body.
- When you feel relaxed, visualize a red glowing light emanating from your tailbone. This chakra connects you to the physical world and the earth. See it spinning at a moderate speed, not too slow, not too fast.
- Repeat the affirmation: “I am rooted. I am safe.”
- Visualize your sacral chakra, located in the lower abdomen below the navel, like an orange glowing orb. See it spinning at a moderate speed, not too slow, not too fast.
- Repeat the affirmation: “I am safe to express and explore my sexuality. I honor the balance of masculine and feminine in my being.”
- See your solar plexus chakra as a bright golden yellow orb radiating from the center of your upper abdomen. Visualize it spinning at a moderate speed, not too slow, not too fast.
- Repeat the affirmation: “I am at peace with myself and my surroundings. I embrace my unique power, and honor that in others.”
- Visualize your heart chakra glowing a beautiful green in the center of your chest. See it spinning and blossoming as it grows at a moderate speed, not too slow, not too fast.
- Repeat the affirmation: “I cultivate compassion for myself and all sentient beings. I can show love unconditionally.”
- See your throat chakra as a bright blow orb of light in the center of your neck. See it spinning and growing at a moderate speed, not too slow, not too fast.
- Repeat the affirmation: “I express myself with clarity and honesty. I listen and communicate effectively.”
- Move on to your third eye chakra, and imagine it as an indigo light that is growing from the space right between and above your eyebrows. Visualize it as spinning at a moderate speed, not too slow, not too fast.
- Repeat the affirmation: “I create my own reality. I am open-minded and my intellect recognizes the validity of my intuition.”
- Do the same with your Crown Chakra, which is violet and is located at the top of your head.
- Repeat the affirmation: “I am one with all of creation. I am content.”
After a few weeks of daily practice, you’ll notice that you’re starting to feel more energetic, focused, and mentally and emotionally calm. You start to gain true clarity as you work through things in your life, you find your own inner peace.
At this point, you can enjoy the benefits of being fully present.
If you have any questions, please, feel free to contact me. In case you want to receive exclusive resources, joining our newsletter today may be a good idea. Until next time!